Sunday, 16 December 2012

A Spirit-filled Life (12-16-2012)

December 16, 2012 - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-22

5:16
  
要 常 常 喜 樂 .
5:17
  
不 住 的 禱 告 .
5:18
  
凡 事 謝 恩 . 因 為 這 是   神 在 基 督 耶 穌 裡 向 你 們 所 定 的 旨 意 。
5:19
  
不 要 銷 滅 聖 靈 的 感 動 .
5:20
  
不 要 藐 視 先 知 的 講 論 .
5:21
  
但 要 凡 事 察 驗 . 善 美 的 要 持 守 。
5:22
  
各 樣 的 惡 事 要 禁 戒 不 作 。


16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
   19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.

Paul laid down the contours of a Spirit-filled life. Not to quench the Spirit but be moved by Him always - rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, hold high regard for words of God (prophecies), keep on doing what is good and rejecting every kind of evil. A Spirit-filled life is not something mysterious as practicing Christian life everyday. 
I learn letting go of what I am holding on but learn to be sensitive to Spirit's moving in my heart. Learn to kneel down to pray to God everyday is the discipline I am practicing I desire to experience Him in lifting up my spirit as moved by the Spirit. Continue to do what is good especially caring for His flock - doing good, and also do not allow my spirit to wander and to be tempted by various kinds of evils while I am alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment